Monday, January 21, 2013

Weekend Wrap up/ First Day at Work

I have to say that I had an awesome weekend.  It started with Joe and I hanging out at our favorite neighbors house.  We found this explorer online that we both liked and we had been talking about getting a new vehicle.  Joe started crunching numbers to see where it would put us every month if we bought a new vehicle.  After looking he said if they can get it in our price range we can get the explorer.  I was really excited, but didn't want to get my hopes up just in case it didn't work out.  So Saturday morning we got up early and went to breakfast and then off to the car dealership.  Joe's dad and the neighbors went with us to look.  We found the explorer that we found online and once we seen it we knew that was not the one for us, it had chips in the paint scratches and a dent in it.  It was a 2013, I can't believe they are trying to sell it like that....anyway while Joe and I went to test drive the explorer, Joe's dad and Cody went with another sales person "behind the fence" to look at other vehicles.  Once we got back from the test drive we both knew we really wanted a explorer.  We went and found Rick and Cody (Ginny was along too, it was a little cold for her).  We found them looking at a 2011 explorer.  Cody said he couldn't find anything wrong with it and once Joe and I both looked at it be both loved it.  The salesmen didn't even know the price of it because it had only been on the lot for two days.  So after Joe working his magic and getting the numbers to come out right, we are the proud owners of Ruby!  Joe is even letting me drive it everyday, hands down the BEST husband around!!!


Isn't she pretty!?!
 
After we spent most of the day at the dealership and showing her off to our families we got to go to Joe's all time favorite place  The St. Louis Blues game.  And to top it off they kicked some major butt, hopefully that is just a sign of what the rest of the season is going to be like.  Can't wait to go to more games (especially since I finally got a jersey).
 
Today was my first day at my new job, I was excited to start and a little nervous too.  The day was great, the company bought my department and myself lunch since it was my first day.  There is so much to do that it makes the day go by really fast, I am actually looking forward to going back tomorrow.  Hope everyone had a good weekend.  I can't wait to see how the rest of the work week goes.

1 comment: